November 24, 2007

One More Reason

Got a fireteam together and cleared Crater Lake - it was pretty hairy, but we got through it. No sweat. Right?

But those "hominis machina," man... if that's what the Bane will do to me if they catch me, I'm gonna eat a bullet first. A nice big one, one that'd splatter my brains over half a klick so they can't use 'em. I'd seen the Forean Machina, but it didn't quite sink in. They're just so... wrong. Humans - good soldiers, dedicated scientists, brave men and women - made into bloody, blank-eyed puppets and set against their former friends. Brr. I thought I was pretty tough, but those bastards got to me.

1 comment:

Mandalore said...

Don't sweat the little stuff Jeri. Jax, you're doing alright kid; keep your head down though. Sounds like you have both seen a lot in just a little time. Remember, we are fighting for Earth. I don't know about you, but I intend to make it back there one day and bring the information back to give our kids hope. If you need an extra gun in your fireteam, or a little recon to get the feel before a mission, give me a call on the attached encrypted frequency. I have also included the rotation cycle and keytag to open the channel. Good Hunting, and see you on the front lines.

Mandalore, out...