December 18, 2007

Proving a Point

Torture doesn't work. Never mind whether it's moral or not - when I think of what happened to Earth, it's hard to hold on to my morals, anyway. But it doesn't work. If you torture someone until they break, they tell you whatever they think you want to hear - you can never tell if it's the truth. That's why it's against policy, not because we have any fondness for crusties.

The point of this is, I fed the crusty, and the crusty talked. It had no reason to talk, except that I fed it. I don't know yet if it lied, but I've seen the region it mentioned, and it definitely looked like a staging ground. Now that I know what to look for, I'll clear it out.

I hate crusties. The fuckers trashed my home, killed my family, and kicked me out into the universe with nothing left but a rifle and a grudge. If that nasty thing hadn't been behind a Class-A forcefield, I would have shot it as soon as it told me what I wanted. But I am not gonna use that rifle to blow my own foot off, or hamper our operations, because of a grudge. I fed it. It talked. Now I'm gonna go shoot as many of its buddies as I can find, until the crack of my rifle drowns out the sound of its voice.

No comments: